PreSonus® AIR18s Active Sound-Reinforcement Subwoofer 18" Speaker 1200 Watts Peak
PreSonus® AIR18s Active Sound-Reinforcement Subwoofer, Black
Designed to complement any full-range PA loudspeaker, and a perfect companion for the PreSonus® AIR-series, the AIR18s active subwoofer delivers a powerful, clear and accurate low-end punch. With its 18-inch low-frequency transducer, driven by 1,200 watts (peak) of Class D power, it provides plenty of detailed bottom end, all the way down to 30 Hz.
Despite its power, the AIR18s is portable, compact and lightweight, with a rugged, tour-grade birch enclosure. It's easy to transport and suitable for mobile applications, as well as installs, with integrated provisions for the included caster kit, ground-stacking provisions and ergonomic handles on both sides.
AIR-series subwoofers feature easy-to-use controls and signal-processing presets. Set them for normal front-of-house use or boost the low-end with the Mo' Bass preset. Reverse polarity, use the lowpass filter to set a crossover frequency, adjust the power amp's master output level, even turn the grille LED off for installs - all at the touch of a button. A variable alignment delay properly aligns your three-way system.
Most subwoofers are essentially omnidirectional, which can cause feedback onstage and make monitoring difficult. Creating a subwoofer array helps keep excess energy off of the stage and in the audience. AIR-series subwoofers provide the tools you need to create these arrays with ease.
Most important, the AIR18s sounds great, delivering outstanding low-end clarity and natural music reproduction.
- 18-inch low-frequency driver with a 3-inch voice coil
- 1,200W (peak) Class D power amp
- Maximum SPL 129 dB peak with 30 Hz to 150 Hz frequency response
- 2 combo XLR and ¼-inch line inputs and two XLR direct outputs
- Easy-to-use DSP performance presets: Normal (typical FOH use) and Mo' Bass (extended low-end performance)
- Locate adjustment presets: Normal (non-arrayed), Cardioid (ground-stacked cardioid array) and Endfire (endfire cardioid array)
- Fully variable lowpass filter (sets the crossover point) with presets for AIR15, AIR12 and AIR10
- Alignment delay (adds delay time relative to full-range speaker) and Polarity switch (inverts the summed input signal)
- 2 comfortable ergonomic side handles, ground-stack provisions, caster provisions (caster kit included) and defeatable front-panel LED
- Rugged, texture-painted, birch enclosure with tour-grade, 17 gauge steel grille
Creating Subwoofer Arrays
Two subwoofers in a traditional stereo configuration can cause a buildup of excess energy onstage. AIR subwoofers’ Cardioid DSP preset makes it easy to create a cardioid array with a more direct radiation pattern, keeping energy offstage and in the audience. Or create an end-fire array for even more off-axis rejection, using the Endfire preset.
AIR18s Inputs, Outputs and More
The AIR18s sports two combo XLR and ¼-inch TRS line-level inputs with level control, and throughputs are provided to connect full-range systems or multiple subwoofers in larger systems. You can even defeat the front power-indicator LED for low-visibility installs or set it to illuminate only when the protection limiter is engaged.
System Alignment and Crossover Settings
The AIR18s’ variable alignment delay properly aligns your three-way system, whether the full-range loudspeaker is placed atop the subwoofer, using the sub pole, or is placed a few feet away. A variable lowpass filter enables you to dial in the best crossover point. Optimized settings are provided for AIR-series full-range loudspeakers.
PreSonus® AIR Series Six-Year Warranty
When you choose AIR-series loudspeakers, you choose confidence. Rest assured that your PreSonus® speakers are in it for the long haul. We take our build quality seriously, and if anything goes wrong with them in your first six years of ownership (assuming you don’t abuse them), the repair or replacement is on us.