- Nominal Input Level
- -20 dBu
- Input Impedance
- 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level
- -20 dBu
- Output Impedance
- 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance
- 10 k ohms or greater
- Buffered bypass
- Pedal switch, GUITAR/BASS switch, VINTAGE/POLY switch, DIRECT LEVEL knob, +1OCT knob, -1OCT knob, -2OCT/RANGE knob
- CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
DIRECT OUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61 or 6LF22)
AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw
- 60 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline: Approx. 5 hours
*These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- Options (sold separately)
- AC adaptor: PSA series
- Size and Weight
- 73 mm
- 129 mm
- 59 mm
- Weight (including battery)
- 440 g
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Boss OC-5 Octave Guitar/Bass Effects Pedal
The New Standard in Octave Pedals
Fusing classic BOSS octave tones with the latest tracking technologies, the BOSS OC-5 sets a new standard in octave pedal performance. Vintage mode provides a spot-on recreation of the legendary mono OC-2 from 1982, while Poly mode offers numerous enhancements for extended-range playing. And with the addition of an octave-up feature, a span of three octaves is now available for creative exploration. From fat, low mono sounds to octave-shifted chords and more, the OC-5 delivers the widest range, finest sound quality, and best playability in any octave stomp to date.
- The industry-standard octave pedal, updated with enhanced features
- Newly developed tracking technology provides more accurate response and natural feel with no latency
- Vintage mode faithfully reproduces the mono sound of the original OC-2
- Poly mode for chord playing; Range knob sets the note range where the effect is applied
- Lowest Range setting in Poly mode applies the octave effect to only the lowest note in a chord
- New octave-up effect, available on its own or blended with octave-down effects
- Mode switch optimizes the tracking engine for guitar or bass
- Direct out for wet/dry setups
- BOSS five-year warranty
High-Octane Octave Performance
Powered by the latest real-time processing technologies from BOSS, the OC-5 provides exceptional sound and playability for the most expressive octave experience ever. A key feature is the newly developed tracking engine, which delivers clean, accurate performance with no latency. The OC-5 also offers wider range and greater polyphonic capabilities than previous OC models, covering all your octave needs in one high-performance pedal.
Classic Tones with Vintage Mode
Introduced in 1982, the OC-2 was the world’s first modern octave pedal for guitar and bass. Still loved by players everywhere, the stomp’s warm-yet-present tone sits perfectly in a mix, and its characteristic voice can be heard in many famous songs. The OC-5’s Vintage mode brings you the OC-2’s iconic mono sound, coupled with improved response thanks to the new tracking engine. Dedicated level controls are provided for -1 and -2 octave effects and the direct sound, giving you quick access to an endless variety of sub-octave colors.
Enhanced Poly Mode
The OC-5 also features an evolved version of the smart Poly mode first introduced with the OC-3 Super Octave, letting you play full chords with octave effects. The variable Range knob restricts the effect to the lower notes on your instrument, perfect for playing octave bass lines alongside normal chords and melodies in the higher registers. And with the new tracking refinements, it’s even possible to isolate the octave effect to the bottom note in a chord—just turn the Range knob to the “Lowest” setting.
Extended Range with Octave Up
Another cool OC-5 enhancement is the new octave-up effect, which is available in both Vintage and Poly modes. Simply twist the dedicated +1 OCT knob to bring in the desired effect level. Use the octave-up effect on its own for faux 12-string sounds and unique solo tones, or blend it with the octave-down effects for extended chord voicings and super-fat leads.
Guitar/Bass Switch and Direct Out
The OC-5 lets you instantly optimize the performance of its tracking engine for either guitar or bass via a dedicated switch on the body of the pedal. And with the Direct Out jack, it’s easy to route dry and effect sounds to different destinations, such as two stage amps or discrete channels on a mixer or audio interface.