- Sampling Frequency
- 44.1 kHz
- AD Conversion
- 24 bits + AF method
* AF method (Adaptive Focus method) is a proprietary method from Roland & BOSS that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (SN) ratio of the AD and DA converters.
- DA Conversion
- 24 bits
- 108 types
- 99 (User) + 99 (Preset)
- Phrase Loop
- 32 sec
- Nominal Input Level
- INPUT: -10 dBu, AUX IN: -20 dBu
- Maximum Input Level
- INPUT: +7 dBu, AUX IN: 0 dBu
- Input Impedance
- INPUT: 1 M ohm, AUX IN: 27 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): -10 dBu, PHONES: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance
- OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): 1 k ohm, PHONES: 44 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance
- OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): 10 k ohms or greater, PHONES: 44 ohms or greater
- DOWN switch, UP switch CTL1 switch
EASY SELECT button, EASY EDIT button, FX1/COMP button, OD/DS button, PREAMP button, FX2/MOD button, DELAY button, REVERB button, MEMORY EDIT button, EXIT button, ENTER button, MENU button
1 knob, 2 knob, 3 knob
- Graphic LCD (132 x 32 dots, backlit LCD)
- INPUT jack, OUTPUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
CTL2, 3/EXP2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4, AC adaptor (sold separately)
- Current Draw
- 200 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline: Approx. 7 hours
* These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Owner's manual
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- Options (sold separately)
- AC adaptor: PSA series
Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-5L, FS-6, FS-7
Expression Pedal: FV-500L, FV-500H, Roland EV-5
- Size and Weight
- 305 mm
- 152 mm
- 56 mm
- Maximum height
- 74 mm
- Weight (including battery)
- 1.3 kg
2 lbs 14 oz
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
Boss GT-1 Guitar Multi-Effects Processor
Premium Tone for Players On the Go
Ultra-portable and easy to use, the GT-1 delivers pro-level tones everywhere you play. Driven by the powerful BOSS GT-series engine, it gives you access to a huge selection of world-class amps and effects for all types of music. A streamlined interface enables quick and intuitive sound creation, while an assignable control switch and expression pedal provide dynamic real-time effects adjustment.
- Premium BOSS sound engine squeezed into a light and compact floor unit
- Modern design with no hard edges enables safe transport in a guitar bag
- Easy Select and Easy Edit functions for quickly choosing and tweaking patches
- Four AA batteries provide up to seven hours of playing time for busking and mobile gigs
- Onboard control switch and expression pedal; footswitch/expression pedal jack and USB
- Download ready-to-play pro patches for free at BOSS Tone Central
Thanks to its Premium BOSS sound engine, the GT-1 provides tone quality and sound-shaping ability that far exceeds typical compact multi-effects. A history of BOSS processing is at your fingers, from classics such as the OD-1 Overdrive to modern effects powered by innovative MDP technology. There’s a huge selection of COSM amp tones on tap too, including vintage legends and BOSS original amps optimized for ideal tone and response. Specialized effects like Acoustic Simulator, Guitar Simulator, and others provide numerous tonal options, and there’s even a looper to enhance your practice sessions and stage performances.
Portable Tone Partner
The GT-1 was designed for musicians on the move. It’s surprisingly lightweight and compact, yet still delivers the rugged durability that BOSS is famous for. The modern design is easy to slip in and out of a guitar bag’s accessory compartment, with no worries of hard edges causing damage to your axe. AC or battery power provides flexibility for any performing situation, and up to seven hours of battery life is available for street performing and other mobile gigs.
Easy Patch Selection and Sound Creation
With the GT-1, it’s simple to find fantastic tones for your style, and just as simple to customize them to taste. Beginners can get great sounds right away, while more experienced players will appreciate how quick and intuitive it is to adjust sounds. The Easy Select function allows you to choose patches by genre, distortion, or effect type, while Easy Edit lets you tweak drive, modulation, and echo tones to perfection with little effort. Dedicated panel buttons provide quick on/off switches for effect groups, and also unlock deep-dive parameters for microscopic fine-tuning.
BOSS Tone Central and BOSS Tone Studio
At BOSS Tone Central, you’ll find tons of free patch collections for playing all types of music with the GT-1. Created by pro guitarists, these patches are dialed-in and ready to use, and make great starting points for advanced players who like to create their own custom sounds. The free BOSS Tone Studio software provides a full-featured editor/librarian for the GT-1, as well as integrated access to all the patch collections at BOSS Tone Central.
Maximum Control in a Small Space
The GT-1’s three footswitches are smartly designed to provide patch selection, tuner access, looper control, and more in a minimal footprint. The dedicated CTL1 switch is freely assignable to functions like tap tempo, effects on/off, and numerous others, while the expression pedal and toe switch are assignable to volume, wah, and various effects parameters. If you crave more control, there’s even a jack for connecting up to two external footswitches or an expression pedal. And in addition to providing access to BOSS Tone Central and BOSS Tone Studio, the GT-1’s USB jack lets you record tones with your favorite DAW.